Sunday, May 24, 2009

May 24, 2009

I messed around with alarm and missed SS. Going to church to hear the name of the new pastor. Last sermon by Pastor Charlie. I am sleepy and tired. Mainly I think I am bored with Charlie. Many people just love him. He preaches old timey. Underneath he is a radical. He calls Karl Barth his mentor.
Wearing my new twin set. It is knit but light weight.

Our pastor candidate is Dr. Brent Beasley who preaches in Memphis. He is the bro of Bette H's niece's ex-husband. He seems to be a "new Christian" ala Brian McLaren.

Fellowship lunch with margie, Bette, Ron and the Iceman. Now for a nap.

We set forth for the dog park, driving thru patches of rain. Judy, Ken and Szabo were there. We stood around in the rain for a while. Then we decided the sky was too dark in the east and came home. I am so sleepy.

Lady Chica's Tale
Finally we got to the dog park. I ran up and said hello to Judy. We didn't do much. It kept raining. I like the rain. I got all wet.

Blitzen's Tale
Not much to tell. We ran around in the rain. Nothing much happening. Dull day.

Watch two minute talk by our pastor candidate. I googled Brent Beasley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNk1Ho2k2w

7:51 PM I am watching annual concert on Washington Mall. I have never seen memorial Day like this. We just saw a wounded veteran with half his brain gone. We see a picture of him before he went into service.


BOOK REVIEW
Robin Marantz Henig, *A Dancing Matrix* Voyages along the Viral Frontier
I have read this book two or three times. If you want to understand the swine flu this is the book for you. He defines a virus. Discusses how the flu virus mutates.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: