Friday, May 29, 2009

May 29, 2005

Down one pound. Yeah. I wish I burned calories doing all the exercise I expend in my dreams.

Tai chi was slow going as usual. We learned two more pressure points. We do everything sitting down. And still I find my muscles sore tomorrow. We stretched.
I hung around the Center, gobbling blueberry muffin and two cranberry muffins.

INteresting timing. Synchronicity. I have been reading two mysteries featuring hackers. So today Obama names a hacker czar and the military is going to have a hacker division.

Came home and took a nap. We went to the park at six. I was deep into my book on hacking.

Lady Chica's Tale
As soon as we got to the park I ran and jumped in the pool. Mostly I lay around on the table. Mom was busy reading.

Blitzen's Tale
I thought we had some old busters running but they didn't.

Watched Bill Moyer's Journal tonight. He had excerpts from a documentary on the American use of torture. Then Waking the Dead (tv program) has had a two part story about the use of enhanced interrogation tactics. The various characters debated the use of torture.

BOOK REVIEW
Robert Crais, *The Last Detective*
Another Elvis Cole novel. The son of Elvis' girl friend is kidnapped, presumably by somebody who wants revenge for something Elvis did in Vietnam. As usual the corpses pile up in the finale. Elvis and Joe Pike shoot people.

No comments: