Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9

The Fourth Chapter: Life After Seventy-five
Last night Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot was a guest on Bill Moyer's journal. She has written a book about the third chapter. She articulated, talking about her mother, what I have been trying to say, the loneliness of old age as one's friends die.
Sometimes I feel as if I come from a distant planet when I talk about my childhood sans electricity, indoor toilets, television, even radio. My girlfriend's dad had a radio powered by a windmill.

I had a strange dream dredging up resentments from sixty years ago.

Then I took a nap. Noon. I wish NPR had Saturday programs I want to listen to.

Then I took another nap. Tai chi was too much for me. Guess we'll totter off to dog park. Maybe I will stop and vote. Town election.

The two surrounding towns cancelled voting bc nobody challenged incumbents. Not only did we have challengers but we had a proposition to vote on, building a bldg in the people park.

At the dog park Gracie's mom was there, talking a nonstop monologue. I think she is deaf in the head. She doesn't reply to what one says. On the way home the gate of the cage came open and the dogs were out in the car.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom forgot my birthday on Monday. I think I deserved one of those liver cakes she makes. We had fun on the way home from the park. The door to the cage came open and I got to sit at the back window and bark at the cars.

Blitzen's Tale
On the way home, the door to the cage came open. We could look out the windows.

I am reading several books simultaneously but none finished.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: