Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7

Lea's response to hearing that my car had been searched: "I hope they organized your stuff."

Thursday 3:34 AM -- the wee hours. This is one of those nights when I cant sleep. I go to bed. I get up and read.

The dogs double teamed me at 10:30 am. I turned on NPR and Diane Reams was interviewing some clod who answered in monosyllables. Who was she interviewing and why? Turns out it was Ted Turner who has a new book. *Call me Ted*.
Already 75 degrees. After I dress I will take car for oil change.

Oil change was easy and nothing was leaking. Came home. Went to park immediately bc the lawnmowers were here making noise. Made a library run and got a book on *Columbine*. Cant put it down. Easy reading. Happily I have read how police procedures have changed with a gunman situation.
Came home and took a nap. Tonight I will watch CSI and MI5. So I am sending this out about 8 PM.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom tried to get me around that agility course. With a treat for each she got me thru the tunnels. Then I stalled. I refused to go over the hurdle even for a treat. She gave up. She is an easy mark.

Blitzen's Tale
I made sure that I stayed on the other side of the field where Mom could not commandeer me for that agility farce. It is a miserably hot and humid day. Not too bad at the park.

BOOK REVIEW
Cynthia harrod-Eagles, *Game Over*
Police procedural for people who dont like police procedurals. Inspector Bill Slider in Shephard's Bush, London. Author's web site has a map of Shepherd's Bush. I think we stayed there in 1970. Cant remember for sure.
Investigative journalist was murdered and several others. Turns out he was investigating a scandal.

No comments: