Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25, 2009 Memorial Day

I turned on the radio to hear an interview with the author of the book I am reading. This interview is a rerun bc I chose this book after listening to this interview.
Abraham Verghese, *Cutting for the Stone*.
Off to Wendy's.

Wendy's has a new coffee frosty. While Judy and I were hassling over *the Wire* --- I dont mean we were hassling each other. We see eye to eye mostly. We were decrying the present society. Brenda called, going to dog park.
So then I got the dogs and we went to t he park. Lady Chica mostly just sat on the table, removed from where we sat in the shade under the trees.

I may remember wrongly, but it seems to me the memorial day is different this year, less glory and more sadness. Maybe it is just NPR.

Well, 7 PM and where has the day gone? I only slept for three hours. I am pinning strips on my 45 quilt blocks.

BOOK REVIEW
Sara Rosett, *Getting Away is Deadly*
Another Mom Zone mystery. Chick book. Ellie Avery goes to Washington DC. Finds dead bodies. Easy read.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

Lady Chica's Tale
Well, at the park I went over and sat down with Gracie's mom and Emma's mom. So there, too. Nobody was doing anything.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom got a chair out of the car and sat down under the tree. Moxie's mom was there and that guy with the weiner dogs. Today it was Mindie or Mandie. I mostly sat and guarded Mom's chair.

No comments: