Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21, 2009

"I count it as a certainty that in paradise, everyone naps."

—Tom Hodgkinson


Lawn mowers came by about 8:30. am I am getting dressed for my day with Martha. We are going shopping. Girls day out.

Sometimes I think I have to revise all the learning I did in grad school half a century ago. I thot lemurs were in our direct lineage. Instead they branched off from primates.

Martha came by about eleven and off we went. I had an Xmas gift card for TJ Maxx. So we stopped there first. I was carrying on about wanting everything and a woman said, "Life is short. Get what you want." I got a light jacket and a twin set top.
Next we hit Dress Barn where Martha made some spectacular buys. She needed summer clothes for work.
Then off to the Northeast Mall where we stopped at food court for lunch.
We browsed Chico's.
Then Martha got two pairs of shoes at Payless. And we staggered home. I took a nap. What else?

Off to the dog park in the cool of the evening. I never understood that phrse from the Bible until I livedin Texas.
Lady Chica found a racing buddy. She is tired out.

Lady Chica's Tale
I had fun tonight. this black dog raced me back and forth along the fence until I got all tired out. Blitzen didn't race much tonight.

Blitzen's Tale
Aunt Martha came over for a while today. I love to see her. I miss Aunt Libby. She was my favorite person in the whole world. I wonder why she never comes any more.

No time for reading today.

No comments: