Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 23, 2009

I was depressed watching Bill Moyer's Journal. The hour was devoted to Health Care Reform. Which we are not going to get.
My father was a great sociologist. He predicted where all this would end when Blue Cross was first introduced.

I am writing down my prognostications so that I can say "I told you so."

Sat morning. Up at 10 AM. My muscles hurt as if I had played softball hier. Obssessed over my itinerary. Decided to hit the dog park first. Then a nap. Then sewing. while I listen to Tales from Lake Woebegon.

Light crowd for Sat. Parking lot was crowded with tailgate parties. One group even set up a shelter and had a grill going. Kelly asked me if I owned a computer and was so surprised, because I am "old". Of course, I dont wear my doctoral robes to the dog park.
I force marched twice around the perimeters.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom put me on a leash and took me thru that stupid agility course. I even jumped the hurdle without a treat. Lots of people and dogs and little kids and stuff. All the cars were parked.

Blitzen's Tale
Just the usual. The big side was crowded but nobody was running.

We all slept for three hours. It may just be me and NPR but the comments on Memorial Day seem to reflect on the horrors of war, not just the patriotism.

While I was writing this, my sister called on video. Mostly we discussed Skype. They were having cold pizza for supper. I am drinking lots and lots of water and koolaid (Mexican koolaid). Did you ever hear of Jamaica flavor? It is a blend. I am trying not to eat snacks like Keebler choc cookies.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: