Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1, 2009

Disappointed not to see Wallander last night. A pledge drive was on and people were voting for British comedy fall programs.
Meeting Judy at Wendy's for our traditional chat. Dogs still asleep, not pestering for food nor walk. Saturday tired them out.

Reader asked who instructed me to walk. Why, Martha, of course. Flex your foot!!!

Judy says she is suffering "post partum depression". She was so excited when Obama won and now life just goes on. On the other hand, I am excited. I think we are at a turning point as revolutionary as the Protestant Reformation. I cant see ahead but I can see the boiling.

Came home and could not get on Juno. Took a long nap. I was having a heavy dream where fishtracks was trying to sell me something and I wasn't buying.
Going to dog park at seven. Too hot.

Dog Park was cool. Clouds were coming in. Blitzen didn't run at all and Lady Chica only did a little. Are they getting old? Is it too hot? They got the big dogs running.
Came home. I have been sitting around reading. The Warning Siren sounded but there is nothing on tv or on the internet about a storm.

Lady Chica's Tale
My tummy has been sensitive today. I didn't eat anything until supper and then only part. Mom is such a worry wart. It is a wonder she did not have me at Dr. Treybig's before noon when I missed breakfast.

Blitzen's tale
I got extra food today. I sneaked in and finished off Chica's breakfast and supper. I got those big busters going at the park. Didn't feel it necessary to run with them. A whole pack was running.


BOOK REVIEW
David Cole, *Stalking Moon*
I expected an Indian story. Well, Laura Wilson is half Hopi, but she has long since left the rez. She is a hacker. She traces people by using the internet. Mostly she tracks embezzled money going offshore. She is hired by two different clients to track money. It turns out to be money gotten by smuggling women into the US. Women from eastern Europe get to Mexico, only to find themselves without papers. They have to pay off their passage by becoming prostitutes. At the end of the book all the bad guys are dead. Warning to people who dont like violence.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: