Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14, 2009

Flag Day. At 8:30 AM Blitzen barked and barked until Lady Chica and I gave up and got up. I was hungry and needed caffeine, too. So it is 9:55 and we are about to embark on our long walk. Our Long March. March of 1000 miles begins with one step. Official temp is 81 degrees.
A light breeze mitigated the heat.

Martha came over and cleaned my kitchen. She cleaned the counter --- moved everything --- mopped the floor. I had moved furniture so that she could clean.

Lady Chica's Tale
The most fun I've had all day is catching a fly. I swallowed him.

Blitzen's Tale
The most fun I've had is chasing a fly. Mom got mad bc I jumped on her. Then she sat and watched that horrible noise box all night.

Watched two successve episodes of Foley's War. KERA. three hours in total. I turned the volume down and Blitzen stopped barking.

BOOK REVIEW
W.E.B. Griffin, *Under Fire*
Griffin writes historical novels about our recent wars. This is about the Marine Corps and the first months of the Korean police action. Fleming Pickering has been in all the Corps books so far. His son is a flyer lost in Korea as the book ends. Killer McCoy and Zimmerman have been in the series since the beginning. They were stationed in China as WWII broke out.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: