Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009

9 AM and the lawn mower cometh. need my caffeine. Off to walk dogs locally. My morning exercise.

10:24 AM. Walking was difficult with lawn mowers all over the place. Blitzen gets so mad he turns and chews on the leash. For breakfast I had some little grain in dots. It may be couscous. Meeting Ruth at 2. Otherwise sewing.

Ruth and I had fun chatting. We email daily. So we didn't have much to catch up on.
4:21 PM Think I will take a nap.

Never did get to sleep. Went to dog park at seven when it is cool. Lady Chica is so clever. She does not like anybody to beat her in racing. So if the other dog is getting ahead of her, she veers off and goes plop in the pool. Sometimes she turns and goes in the other direction. She reminds me of Josh when he was three or four and used to get mad when Belle, the border collie, beat him in a race.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom has begun taking us for a walk early in the morning. Blitzen is such a pest. When we hear or see a lawn mower he wants to take off. He turns around and bites the leash. What a pest!!!

Blitzen's Tale
I have been limping around all day. I think I twisted my ankle in that cage Mom makes us ride in. She is so controlling. Wont let me chase those pesky lawn mowers.

BOOK REVIEW
Richard North Patterson, *Balance of Power*
I only read half of this book before returning it to library. The plot deals with passing gun legislation. I lost track of who is who. Did the good guy's friend betray him or was that the bad guy? These guys are all senators. The first lady's mother and sis were gunned down by ex.
I am neutral on the gun issue. I dont think new legislation will help much and I think members of NRA are paranoid.

As recession deepens I see more random shootings. I was interested to find that as soon as Obama was elected, abortion clinics increased security.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: