Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27, 2009

Martha's Birthday. She is in Carbondale visiting her father and Helen. She and I have exchanged greetings.

9 AM. I was dreaming that I was teaching in a woman's college in the south and the other faculty were teasing me about being a Yankee. Then my own little southern belle hopped into bed to wake me up. Temp is already 86 degrees. I am not going outside until evening. Except maybe to the farmers mkt. I want to encourage them. I still have one tomato left. I gave LC a piece. She loves it. I know she is the culprit who stole one from the grocery basket. She was disappointed when all she got for breakfast was some crumby old dog food.

Finally opened my email card from Leslie. I think it must have been customized bc the message read: I know it's your birthday bc you have that frantic "Let me at the frosting" look.
At Lambert's my dessert was served with a candle.

Farmer's Mkt is growing; six vendors today. At 4 PM two were packing up, Sold Out. I guess people want a farmer's mkt. peaches, tomatoes, potatoes, misc little ones, tamales. One vendor is selling ground coffee.
Next week I need to start earlier. I took out time for a nap.

Dog park at 7 PM. I pulled in just as Szabo's foks pulled in. Judy and I talked. Judy is impressed that I guessed that Sanford (SC gov) went to Argentina to see a woman.

11 PM I took Tylenol PM. Ready to sleep. I will be groggy tomorrow.

Lady Chica's Tale
We got some of those big dogs running tonight. I finally had enuf. Szabo was there and Mom sat around talking with Judy and Ken. I almost went to sleep in the shower.

Blitzen's Tale
We finally got some of those big bruisers moving. Plenty hot today. We stayed inside until late.

BOOK REVIEW
Michael Connelly, *overlook*
Harry Bosch police procedural. A man is found at the overlook shot twice thru the head. He is a physician and had access to nuclear material which has been stolen. His wife was threatened. Bosch of course clashes with the FBI, one of whom is his old girl friend, Rachel Walling. Look for her in *Scarecrow*.


Hugs, Dr. Liz
I just read a book where the serial killer tracks a woman down by reading her blog.

No comments: