Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19, 2009

Correction: Author of The Naked Brain is Richard Restak.

Groggy this morning from an anti histamine last night. Off to tai chi. Then the monthly bday party at Sunset Gardens. Lunch is potluck or pay.

We do most of our tai chi sitting down but I get tired. Dashed home, put on a fancy tee shirt, and off to the luncheon. Our manager is cutting down on the food she serves. No ice cream with our cup cake.
Then I took the dogs to the dog park. Sun is obscured with clouds; so it was not unpleasant at the park. 91 degrees just now. They lay down after half an hour. So we came home.

I am messing up a dying (meaning coloring --- how is it spelled) project. Cant get to sleep. A front must be coming in. I am stiff. At least no pain this time.

Wow. A ten foot alligator was found not far from here, just a few miles. I was close to that spot yesterday driving around trying to find Farmer's Mkt. I drive past there on my way to Arlington. corner of Trinity and Bell Spur.

Watched Washington Week in Review. I find myself discouraged about the whole government. At least so far we are staying out of the mess in Iran. I am signing off for now. Will watch Bill Moyers. Hopefully my two British cold case programs will be on.

Lady Chica's Tale
Another boring day on the home front. Wish I could have seen that alligator Mom read about. We went to the park about noon. I raced a big wolf dog. We got tired and came home.

Blitzen's Tale
I am waiting for the fall to come. It's just too hot to be bothering those big bruisers. And not too many of them come to the park.



BOOK REVIEW
*The Laughing Policeman*
Translated from Swedish. This is an old book and a movie in 1970. Martin Beck, homicide detective in Stockholm, Sweden, police procedural. Wallender is definitely patterned on this. Interesting that Vietnam War protests were going on. Somebody shot up a bus with nine people in it. Beck and company find a motive and the killer.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: