Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June 17, 2009

10 AM Off to the dog park. Temp is only 79 degrees. I am not up to a forced march this morning. My muscles are always sore after a massage. I am wound so tight that they are sore when unwound.
I need to run errands today. Bank and heard of a farmer's market, a real farmer's market.

Temp is only 88 degrees. So dog park was pleasant with a breeze The dogs ran and ran. Lady Chica ran with a big old boxer who could run twice as fast but she would never admit it. Finally Blitzen asked to go home.

I drove to the bank and then attempted to locate a Farmer's Market Judy told me about. Her directions were not specific.
Sooner or later I will take a nap.

I didn't take a nap and the day wore away. I am going to send this off now.

Lady Chica's Tale
Had a good run at the park today. Some big old boxer was there. I had fun sitting in the wading pool.

Blitzen's Tale
We had fun at the park today. We chased some bikes back and forth. I guess we scare them off bc they run off.

BOOK REVIEW
WEB Griffin, *Death and Honor*
Honor bound series. This series is about OSS in Argentina. In 1943 the Germans were setting up money to escape to Argentina when the war was over. the high command knew the war was lost. Cletus Frade, a Marine pilot, is the son of an Argentine rancher. He is recruited by OSS to set up an airline in Argentina. All the spies know who is a spy. Weirdo.
Griffin has the same character in every book, just with a different name. His protagonists are not given to introspection.

Griffin's Wars are so different from Foyle's War, a series on PBS. Foyle's war is set in 1945. in Britain. Men are coming home in bad shape, with no jobs.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: