Tuesday, June 23, 2009

June 23, 2009

I may have mispelled the name of the author of the Prey Series. Correct spelling is John Sandford.

Baptist Center. We have provided groceries for nine families by 9:45 AM. Seven people were lined up at the beginning. I have been busy. Altogether we served 17 families. Sack lunches were slow. Quiet day.

Came home and took dogs for "after o" walk. Took a nap. Temp is 99 degrees. We will go to park at 6:30.

First I took a nap. Then I finished stitching and then pressed my 45 blocks. I have five red & black done which is one row of a lap quilt. Most of the others are within a strip of being finished (12" x 12"). So I feel a sense of achievement for today.

Then we went over to the dog park and it was beastly hot. Not too, too bad in the shade. Judy and ken with Szabo arrived and we had a great chat. As usual. Came home. Sat around reading this evening. almost forgot to send this out. Now almost midnight.

Lady Chica's Tale
There was a big dog. Marsie called him a pony. Finally got him running. A few trips back and forth are enuf in this heat. The first thing I do when we get to the park is jump in the wading pool. When we got home, I just lay down eating, reclining like a Roman Empress.

Blitzen's Tale
Old Szabo came to the park this evening. We dont mess in each other's territory. I really trash talked a big old bruiser across the fence. Mostly we lay around in the shade.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sandford, *Invisible Prey*
Lucas Davenport, police procedural series. Davenport lives in St. Paul (or minnneapolis), Minnesota. He is the head of a special crime unit, BCA. Called in on homicides. This is the seventeenth (I think) book in the series. A rich old lady is found bludgeoned to death and some antiques stolen. Davenport links the death to others in the state. The victims are all connected by an interest in quilts.
I enjoy Sandford's books. I read one on Sunday and one on Monday.
Today I have not spent time reading. I have pressed my 45 quilt blocks.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: