Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25, 2009

Lady Chica is so cute. Blitzen was stomping around the kitchen, grumbling, "This is my territory. I get the food here. This is my territory." Lady Chica just yawned in his face. Then she kissed him and scampered off.

Lea: My neighbors son and family have gone on Weight Watchers. Tonight my neighbor shared a piece of cake that I think was made with apple sauce. Hurrah!

9:30 AM Thursday. I just hate Thursday morning when the lawnmowers come. The dogs get all excited. But at least they got some exercise. We are going to the dog park this evening. We have a heat advisory, whatever that means. I am only going to take the dogs on an "after o" walk.

Well, Blitzen went beserk hearing the lawn mower. he turns around and bites the leash. I gave up and came home. Noon. Temp is 93 and real feel is 104. AC cant get the house comfortable.
I just read an article about how Broadway Baptist has been kicked out of the Southern Baptist Convention. The big problem is that our choir director is on the faculty of Southwestern Seminary and has to be in Southern Baptist to keep job. We'll see. Our main commitment has been to Cooperative Fellowship of Baptists.

I took a nap. At 3:15 PM Ruth's thermometer read 106. I cant get accuweather.com to open.

We went to dog park at 7 PM. Rather pleasant. When the sun had dipped behind the trees, the dogs finally got the big dogs running. I am glad they had some exercise.

Lady Chica's Tale
Those horrible machines were running this morning. Then we slept all afternoon. Finally got some big dogs running tonight.

Blitzen's Tale
Had a hard time getting those big bruisers going tonight. Finally they did. Lady Chica is pretty good at getting them worked up. She finally started barking.


BOOK REVIEW
W.E.B. Griffin, *Retreat, Hell!*
Corps series, about Marine Corps. This book covers the last months of 1950 when the Chinese entered the Korean War and the US made the longest retreat in American history. Readers follow the exploits of the CIA. Or maybe Special Ops. Killer McCoy goes behind the lines and tells CIA that Chinese are infiltrating North Korea. (An afterword explains how the Chinese did it. They came in at night and hid during the day. )
McArthur does not believe the Chinese will enter the war.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: