Monday, June 22, 2009

June 22, 2009

I am 83 years old today.
I slept in and woke at ten to eleven. Wow. I threw on some clothes and made it to Wendy's by ten after. Judy treated me to a big frosty-cino. We had our usual chat.
The dogs needed to go out. So we braved the heat. It was 97 degrees. A slight breeze kept us alive.
now 3:47 PM. I may take a shower and a nap. The heat does me in.

Took a nap. Got up and ate left over mooshi pork. Took another nap.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom has spent the day sleeping altho we did get to the dog park. The mower was in the Big Dog park and all the big dogs were on our side. I kept racing a black lab to the pool.

Blitzen's Tale
All the big bruisers were on our side today. Mostly they were labs who never do anything much. It was hot.

BOOK REVIEW
John Sanders, *heat Lightning*
New series with Virgil Flowers. Police procedural. Bodies keep turning up at Vietnam Memorials, each body with a lemon stuck in their mouth. Virgil is told that lemon in the mouth is a Vietnamese custom for executions. I kept suspecting the killer and I was half right.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: