Tuesday, June 2, 2009

June 2, 2009

Baptist Center. Not yet. 8:20 AM We started out for morning walk and the rain came down. Even the dogs wanted to come inside. I hate to drive in the rain.

I was caught in traffic and ten minutes late. two accidents had occurred between my house and the church. We were busy all morning, 18 families served with groceries. I realized it was the first week of the month.

Came home and as usual took a nap. Afraid of coming rain, we went to dog park at 5:30 PM. It was pleasant there, breeze blowing, sun obscured. Yes, Martha, I walked the perimeter. of the small dog park.

Lady Chica's Tale
As usual, the first thing I did was plunge into the pool. Yeah howdy. We did a little running. Mostly I sat on the table. Mom walked around but I just stayed on the table.

Blitzen's Tale
Lots of petting today. Two little kids petted and petted. We did get some busters running. It is nice to get outdoors.

Came home and took a short power nap. Staff at Center was sleepy this morning. the weather seems to be heavy.

BOOK REVIEW
Robert Crais, *L.A. Requiem*
Elvis Cole and Joe Pike. Does one call this a police procedural? It's like Hercule Poirot, a PI and the police. A serial killer kills an old girl friend of Joe Pike. They hunt down the killer. In the process both Elvis and Joe get shot badly. We are not sure Joe Pike survives.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: