Sunday, June 21, 2009

June 21, 2009

Saturday evening. Really nice. We went to Lambert's, which is a steak house. The waiters are dressed like cowboys and saddles are hanging from the ceiling. We had wild boar short ribs for an appetizer. I had wild salmon and the others had beef of some kind. Live music was fifties jazz. All in all I felt most sophisticated.

One of my dogs ate a tomato. I left my grocery bag from farmers mkt sitting on the floor, thinking no harm. When i returned, I found a weird tomato core on the floor. One of my tomatoes was gone.

Sunday morning. I didn't touch my computer but it was 11 before we got to dog park. Not too bad altho dogs just lay around on the table. I talked with history prof and the corgi's mom. It was funny. Three corgies ganged up and herded a little puppy around. kelly was there, too. I need to take a nap before Martha gets here to take me out to dinner.

I woke at four just as Martha arrived. Took my clothes with me to get dressed. We had a pleasant evening at B.F. Chang's where Josh works as a back waiter. He delivers food. I have had two free desserts bc it is my birthday.

Lady Chica's Tale
We were dragged out to the dog park before breakfast. I mostly lay around on the table. Too humid to go racing. Mom was gone all evening. we slept.

Blitzen's Tale
Yeah, it was a lazy day. I did retreive one ball this morning at the park. The ball was pink.

BOOK REVIEW
Susan Rogers Cooper, *Shotgun Wedding*
Sheriff Milt Kovak police procedural. Comic. Set in Oklahoma. Only for those with a certain taste. Two of the sheriff's deputies got married (one male, one female). They go on a honeymoon to the islands where they are capture by pirates. Meanwhile the bank is robbed while the wedding is going on and everybody is attending the wedding.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: