Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26, 2009

Woke up at 8 AM. Yeah. Gotta go to tai chi. Temp is 88 already.

Did tai chi, went Krogering, made a library run, took the dogs for a brief walk, paid my rent. Now for a nap. Temp is 97. At 2 PM.

Slept for three hours. Heat and ozone is tiring me out. We went to dog park at seven, when the park was actually pleasant. As time went on, more and more people arrived. A Jack Russell in the Big dog park wanted to race with Lady Chica but she declined. The dogs spent most of the hour lying in the shade.

Lady Chica's Tale
We went to the park after the day cooled off. Mostly we just lay around in the grass. I saw a little dog I tried to play with but she ran off.

Blitzen's Tale
Not much going on. A little terrier wanted to race but we didn't think that was big enough. Mostly we lay around on the ground. I did get snarly with a little dog who kept sniffing me. I growled at him but he didn't hear. Mom says I dont growl loud enuf.



BOOK REVIEW
W.E.B. Griffin, *Semper Fi*
This is the first book of The Corps series, which follows Killer McCoy and Pick Pickering from 1941 thru the Korean Police Action. We pick up Ken McCoy in Shanghai where he is what is known as a China Marine. He gets in a brawl with four Italians and kills two of them. Because he is a linguist, fluent in Chinese and Japanese he is shipped back to US to Army Intelligence. (Some people are gifted. I had a friend who spoke 12 languages.) sent to Officers Training School he meets Pick Pickering who becomes a fly boy. The book covers the year 1941 when many people know the war is coming, ending with Pearl Harbor. And we dont know what happened to Pick's fa and mo who were flying to Hawaii.
Having just finished the last two books in the series I know what happens to Killer and Pick.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: