Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009

9 AM Woke from a dream in which Lady Chica and I were wandering from store to store trying to buy a phone. Old phones had become obsolete and stores were out of the new phone. Many had a sign reading "No Phones". I was carrying LC. That is not possible. she weighs 27 pounds.
At first I had a passenger in my car, a girl I knew in sixth grade (and not since). She opened door and let LC out. twice. Then she was no longer in my car. As I was waking I decided to put a pet carrier in the car.

Meeting Judy at Wendy's. First a dog walk of 25 minutes. We went further, too.

I am amazed that so many bodies from Air France have been found

Chatted with Judy for an hour. Had a frosty-cino. What does cappa mean? and cino? Then I made a run to Petsmart for flea medicine. 1:42 pm and temp is 90 degrees.

Took a nap. Got up and messed around. Shifting furniture. Took another nap Judy emailed she was going to park at 6:30. I woke at 6:30 and we went to park. Dogs raced. A woman on the big side of the fence said that her dog just loved Chica. he is a black and brown dog who loves to run.

Lady Chica's Tale
Well, Mom finally took us to the park. My friend was there and we raced and raced and raced. I began to slow down.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom went somewhere this morning and came back with this stuff she put on us. It stinks. I rolled and rolled trying to get rid of it but it still stinks. We did get to the park today. The big busters were ready to run tonight. It was sort of cool, the air I mean.



BOOK REVIEW
Michael Connelly, *Black Echo*
This is the first Harry Bosch novel, reissued. I have read it long ago and I have often thot of the plot line altho I dont remember the details. It is sort of like reading the back story. Bosch is a homicide cop in LA. He is sent out to look at a body which he identifies as a tunnel rat he knew in Nam. Black echo is the feeling that the tunnel rats got in the tunnels in Nam. And the police procedural goes on from there.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: