Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009

Woke up and it was NOON. I slept ten hours. Took benedryl to put me to sleep. Still groggy. I think we will go to the dog park for me to wake up.

Checked with accuweather to see when it would be warmest. At 3 PM sunshine would bring real feel to 43 degrees. Meanwhile I saw pictures of where the blizzards were. Reader in WI was counting down the degrees below zero.
On days like today I am glad to be in Texas. I think the smartest people are those who come down south in the winter. Snowbirds.

My dogs could not get the big dogs to run. Not many dogs out. I was not too cold: no wind.

Blitzen's Tale
We barked and barked and talked trash at the fence but we could not get anybody running. Tiger was there (female Louisiana dog) but she wouldn't run today.

Lady Chica's Tale
Well, I ran back and forth, back and forth. We could not get those big busters moving. Not really any big ones there today anyhow. Too early for Buddy and Chance.

5 PM I am sending this off bc I am going to take a nap. I doubt that MI 5 will be on tonight. Still the pledge drive. by the way, I have pledged long since.

BOOK REVIEW
Michael Pollan, *Botany of Desire*
It seems to me that Pollan skips over the necessity for plants and animals to have certain characteristics.
For example, only animals with pack instinct can be domesticated. including wolves. They have to have an alpha leader. The human can become the alpha leader.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: