Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27, 2009

The alarm rang at 8. I punched the snooze button--- several times. Then I changed the time. alarm rang --- I punched the snooze button several times. I turned off alarm. Lady Chica climbed in bed and began to wash my face. I put my pillow over my head. Finally I got up and had another piece of pie.

Mark F called. No lunch at church today. I think I can make the end of church given that I am half dressed. I hate to waste putting on panty hose.

I was at church in time for the sermon. Then I came home and went to the dog park. Judy, Ken and Szabo were there. Szabo and Blitzen got into it with an unfixed male. I was rather obnoxious bc the owner picked up the dog and went around in circles. One cannot catch Blitzen if they are going in circles. Then Mark F arrived. Cassie was there, too.

Blitzen's Tale
I got put on time out because Szabo and I lit into one of those unfixed males. he was just a little smaller than either Szabo and I. Buddy was there and we did some running.

Lady Chica's Tale
I was rather bored with the whole thing today. Mom sat around talking with Uncle Mark. Buddy was there and wanted to run, but he bores me. The sun was shining.

Came home from the dog park, did some reading, took a nap. 6 PM. I think I would rather sit and read than watch television. I am working at the most recent book of the Outlander series. The author takes three years to write one and I am taking almos that long to read one.

BOOK REVIEW
Nevada Barr, *Firestorm*
Anna Pigeon has been sent to join a fire unit in CA, fighting a forest fire. She and Steve, an EMT, are designated to set up an aid tent. They are packing up to go home when a fire storm overtakes them. Each of them has a little aluminum foil tent to huddle under. When they come out, they find one man with a knife in him.
My daughter is mad at me bc I told the ending of one of John Sandford's books. So I wont say anything more. It all has to do with setting the fire.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: