Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009

I woke up all by myself, with a little assistance from two barking dogs, about 8 AM. Feeling rested. That party did me a world of good. Sun is shining and 60 degrees predicted. I have presents to put together. And Wendy's seminar.

Does anybody want a good used dog? Blitzen has driven me crazy today. He did not get to the park yesterday and he had no exercise. So he kept pestering to go to the park. I tried to take a nap.

Blitzen's Tale
I really needed to get out today and Mom wasn't doing anything. Finally we got to the park and hordes of big dogs were running. So I got some energy out of my system. It was a great day, just right.

Lady Chica's Tale
Great day. I kept up with a big old boxer. Yeah. Lots of big dogs were running.

Met Judy at Wendy's. She is flying home next week, home to Ohio, Youngstown. She plans to help her mother-in-law pack to move. Father-in-law has Alzheimer's. Doesn't want to fly. Flying is so uncomfortable now. She prefers to take the train.

7 PM and I am taking a nap. I have not done presents today.



BOOK REVIEW
Alafair Burke, *Dead Connection*
Having read the sequel, Angel's Tip, I did not read the last chapter, assuming I knew the ending. I was dumbfounded when the killer was identified. The plot cleverly led the reader astray. I, at least, had the feeling I was always a step ahead of Ellie Hatcher, NYPD. Four women have been found dead, and the one thing they have in common is that they have been using FirstDate.com, an online dating service.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: