Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22, 2009

Yeah, the days are getting longer. Baptist Center closed today. Mae Cora (92 years old) is a volunteer. She sent us a two dollar bill in her Xmas card.
The day is so gloomy I need the lights on. We are going to the dog races immediately as soon as I finish dressing and get my shoes on. Judy emailed, wanting to meet.

Judy and I bewailed the current state of affairs, as usual. She had viewed Bill Moyers Journal of last Friday.

Blitzen's Tale
Aunt Judy and Szabo were at the park. Not much going on. I chased a puppy briefly. That's how dull it was. Chased a couple bikes. Sat on the table.

Lady Chica's Tale
I just moseyed around smelling things. None of the big busters came near the fence. Mom just sat there talking with Aunt Judy.

Came home and took a nap. Now 3:32. Off to do some shopping. At least looking. One present is ready to go. I found some little sacks, hurrah.

Finished shopping thank goodness. As expected, the traffic is terrible. Starbucks is out of gift cards. I made a library run and almost took off for the dog park sans peros. I am so habituated.

Brandy: I brot home from the library the latest of the Outlander series.

BOOK REVIEW
Alafair Burke, *Judgment Calls*
Alafair was originally deputy DA in Portland, and this is where her Samantha Kincaid series
is set. Her plots are always cool. A 13 year old prostitute is beaten and left for dead. Sam is asked to take on the case, asked by the police.
The plot is too complex to give a shortened version.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: