Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009

Baptist Center. My cell phone is stuck. I had an incoming call and it stuck.

Nancy says that an angel was sent to me. A repairman for AT&T came in. He knew nothing about cell phones, but he took the battery out, kept it out for ten seconds, and put it back and the phone is working. Yeah.
It is busy today. Fourteen family units served.

Came home and took a nap. Then we saddled up and made a library run on the way to the dog races. And I do mean races. Buddy saw us coming in and was waiting at the fence, barking. Chance came up, too. The dogs ran at top speed for half an hour. (LC has been clocked at 25 mph.) Even Buddy was winded altho not Chance. I think she is younger.

Blitzen's Tale
Didn't have time to do anything but run. Buddy and Chance were waiting for us. We ran and ran and ran.

Lady Chica's Tale
I was really in the mood today. Ran Buddy until he gave up. It was cold just like I like it. Then Mom and Blitz and I walked around the perimeter.

6:41 PM. I hope Pledge Drive is over. I wonder what NOVA is showing tonight.

BOOK REVIEW
Beverly Connor, *Airtight Case*
Lindsey Chamberlain, archaeologist and forensci anthropologist (the alter ego of the author). The airtight case is an old coffin found on the archaeological site. NASA takes air out of the coffin to compare greenhouse gas.
The book opens with a woman who has amnesia. She recovers her memory and is found to be Lindsey. She was buried alive. Later in the book the circumstnces are explained whereby her escape is possible.
As a way to take it easy, Lindsey is assigned by her Director to work on a farmhouse site.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: