Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28, 2009

I am worried about my next door neighbor, Russ. He has been in the hospital off and on for the past two weeks. He had chemo and then a reaction to chemo. He is 87.

10 AM Eating my last piece of pie. I think I need to go shopping this morning, given the weather prediction for tomorrow. I have a gift card for Barnes and Noble where I intend to buy an organizer for 2010. Imagine! 2010.

I bought one also for a Weight Watcher food diary. Both half price. Came home and took a nap. I took Benedryl last night; so I am groggy. Off to the dog races.

And that's what it was. Several hounds were there -- and I mean specifically hounds, hunting dogs. Hounds like to race. So they raced and raced and raced. Buddy came by eventually and got one or two laps. I am glad they got some exercise cuz there is a winter storm advisory out for tomorrow.

Blitzen's Tale
We did a lot of running today. I tried to get into trouble a couple times, and I got aggressive with a bull dog coming in. That scared his folks who immediately went home. [Editor's note: people who have not been around dogs dont understand. The air lock exists so that dogs can be taken off leash before entering park. Dogs on leash tend to get in other dogs' faces and can be aggressive. I knew Blitzen would be aggressive but I knew the people would not hear me.]

Lady Chica's Tale
We ran and ran and ran and ran. Mom stayed a long time. She was talking to Uncle Ray.

5:39 PM I need to eat my twice baked potato and take a nap.

Well, I sat reading the new Outlander. It is a thick book. Goodnight all.

BOOK REVIEW
Nevada Barr, *Endangered Species*
The endangered species in this instance are loggerhead turtles on Cumberland Island. Anna Pigeon is sent to Cumberland as part of a presuppression fire crew. They patrol the island searching for fires. The district ranger is killed in an airplane accident which proves to be sabotage.
Between turtles laying eggs and a huge alligator, Anna searches for the motive and the killer. The book ends with the baby turtles hatching.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: