Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4, 2009

Philosophical question: why did only wolves become dogs? Why did we not domesticate jackels or coyotes or foxes?

Pledge drive on PBS. So no MI 5. They seem to target pledge drives to an audience in their fifties.

Friday 10:30 AM This was another of those nights when I did not sleep. I sat up until 5 am reading Plouffe's account of Obama's campaign as if it were a suspense thriller. I get all caught up wondering if he can beat Hillary in the primary.

At noon Martha called, driving up from Laredo, and we chatted for an hour. Then we went to the dog park. Lady Chica ran and ran and ran, sometimes all by herself. The weather was cool and the dogs had energy.

Blitzen's Tale
There was a cute little beagle gal, but mom put me on time out. Mom is such a spoil sport.

Lady Chica's Tale
What fun. What fun. I ran and ran and ran. Mostly nobody would run with me. Blitzen and I ran and ran.People are amazed we can run in tandem, but we are used to being on a double leash.

I tried to take a nap. No luck. At 8 PM I have taken two beneyl. Computer acting up. Goodnight.



BOOK REVIEW
Lee goldberg, *The Waking Nightmare*
Diagnosis Murder. Diagnosis Murder was a tv show. The star was in --- anyhow, Mark Sloan is a physician whose son is a homicide dick. First, Dr. Sloan watches a woman jump from a window. She survived. Then his son has a homicide case. A sport parachute jumper is stabbed in the sky on a jump.
Fun book. Police procedural.
The star playing Mark Sloan was the man who danced on roof tops in Mary Poppins.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: