Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

I am not going to Baptist Center. I emailed the director on Sunday. It would not be decent of me to expose the homeless to whatever I have.
my cough is worse this morning. Vicks really helps.

I have plenty of food, leftovers from Thanksgiving. I dont need anything. I may get a thermometer from Walmart to check on temp.

I got a thermometer and do not have a fever. Went to dog park. Judy and Szabo turned up Judy and I discussed "hoarders" and obsessive people.

Blitzen's Tale
We went to the dog park and it rained. Szabo and his mom turned up. I was glad to see her. Szabo and I got in trouble but the man took his little busters into the next area.

Lady Chica's Tale
That Szabo is as bad as Blitzen. They pester people. Yes, they do. I just ran around. It was raining and no other dogs were out.

Took a nap. Feeling one hundred percent bettter at 5:23 PM. Woke up in time to hear Prez.
I was moved to tears by the President's address. He is a great orator.
I have never been convinced we need to go into Afganistan but so be it.
Feeling much better. My cough has lessened.

BOOK REVIEW
T. Jefferson Parker, *The Fallen*
Parker is a great author, but I dont like all of his books. In this book he seems to be focused on synesthesia, a subject better tackled by Oliver Sacks. Robbie Brownlaw falls out of a hotel window and suffers brain damage, resulting in synesthesia, where he sees colors when people talk. Brownlaw is a "dead dick" as he calls it for San Diego police.
Garrett Asplundh is an ethics investigator for the city. He is found dead. And of course Brownlaw and his partner are on the case. Police procedural. IMHO the plot is not believable.
Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: