Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

8:38 am I was having a dream that was confusing when I was dreaming. I seemed to be chief executive in a coutry which had two cultures. kind of a muslim culture. When I went to sleep I was wondering if one could make haj (that pilgrimage to mecca) only during this time or could one go any time.I plan to ask Nadia at dog park.

I am feeling better but have this terrible cough where I am coughing up mucus from deep in my lungs.

10 am Getting up and dressing. I dont ache but I feel depressed about the state of the house. Or maybe this is the post-flue depression.
I washed dishes and cleaned up kitchen counter. Step One. I feel much better.

Seminar at Wendy's. Judy and I each feel despondent over Afghanistan, health care reform, and other political ventures.
Came home, but could not get to sleep for a nap. So we packed up and went to dog park. It was sunny but sort of cool.

Blitzen's Tale
I got into it with a sharpei coming into the park. He went next door and I barked at him through the fence. Then I was trying to socialize another little dog and mom put me on time out.

Lady Chica's Tale
Not much to say today. Not many dogs to race. I try to pretend I dont know Blitzen when we are at the dog park.

BOOK REVIEW
Ian Rankin, *Blood Hunt*
This is a unique novel. Gordon Reeve is retired SAS (British special forces) who runs weekend survival courses. His brother, Jim, is a journalist who supposedly commits suicide. Gordon does not believe this and sets forth. He discovers that his bro was working on a story about herbicides. Interesting that after discovering the story, Gordon has problems eating. He thinks about the pesticides in his food.
I was intrigued with his covert operations. At one point, he dug a hole, disguised it and waited ten hours for the bad guys to come. He really scared them!


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: