Friday, November 20, 2009

November 20, 2009

I was up and off to tai chi. Had chile at the Senior Center. I have mislaid my cane. But I have the wooden staff that John made for me.

My cell phone is not working right. I took it to the store and the clerk pushed the button. I may have to find a man to push the button. Hand strength.
Now for a nap. Play tonight with John and Lea.

Midnight
I had a lovely evening with Lea and John. We went to dinner at La Isla with Candy and somebody. Then the play. The play was well acted but we were not satisfied. The villain was not punished. And the play was in starts and jerks. It was "Book of Days" at UTA.

HELL
Driving home was total hell. To avoid 820, I planned take Collins to Trinity Blvd. (There are only three bridges over the West Fork of the Trinity.) Well.... the Collins St bridge over I30 will not open until Monday. I had wrong info. I had to take a detour and I got lost. It was dark and I did not recognize the landmarks I passed daily for fifteen years!!!! I wandered around and found myself on I30 going to Dallas.
I got off on 161 --- and could not get off. Ramps closed. Not yet constructed. I was lost and did not know where I was going. And no cell phone. I was scared.
Finally, finally, I was poured out onto 183 --- the road which goes past my complex.
Highways are full of huge trucks spewing fog and water. I managed to find my way to Trinity Blvd, where I had been heading in the first place. No traffic and I knew where I was.

I am totally exhausted!!!!

Blitzen's Tale
Lady Chica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

No book review tonight.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: