Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28, 2009

11 AM. Sun is shining. I have a cough and sore throat. Going to dog park then I may stay in bed. I dont even feel like reading. Fortunately I have plenty of food cooked etc.

Trivia:
I keep thinking about Ellis Island. The Irish and Germans did not go thru Ellis Island. They got here first.
My Kroger Instant Coffee is a product of Germany. That blows my mind.
I am eating brie cheese made in Holland, Michigan. Wow.

2 PM Wind at dog park did not help my sinus. Wind is 14 mph.
The dogs raced and raced. Cassie and her mom turned up, Ray was there, the woman who owns Kevin the bulldog. Packs of dogs raced on either side of the fence.

Blitzen's Tale
That old bulldog was on the other side of the fence. I really gave him what for.

Lady Chica's tale
I love the wind. I was racing the wind. Blitzen and that bulldog said a lot of things they wouldn't have said if they were on the same side of the fence.

Took a three hour nap. I got up and am cooking a cabbage recipe. Substituting ingredients. Creative cookery. I found I do not have any vinegar in the house.

Now I have a stuffed up nose.



BOOK REVIEW
Michael Pollan, *botany of Desire*
Chapter Two -- tulip
Once more we are dealing with a plant which does not breed true from seed. The tulip originated in Turkey. At one point it was highly favored by royalty there. A Dutch minister brought some bulbs back to the Netherlands.
I am beginning to read about the tulip something.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: