Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 10, 2009

Baptist Center. Only 12 families today. Slow day. Everyt;hing was slow. United methodist was giving out winter coats. I guess everybody was over there.

Gentle Reader points out that my recent book review about a woman writing her dissertation. hence my dreams.

I came home and took a nap. Then off to the dog races. Blitzen had to be kept on time out. First he wanted to take care of a human baby. We moved tables. Then he kept humping a little Italian greyhound. Being a girl, I have a hunch she was getting close to esterus. (Blitzen is usually not interested in humping girls.) I sat and talked with Ray and Holly and Ann.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom had me on time out. I was attracted to the cutest little greyhound. She was a doll.

Lady Chica's Tale
I spent most of the time racing along the fence. it was a good day for it.

Came home, watched NOVA, a documentary on human evolution. We have reached homo erectus. Homo erectus wandered around the world. Fifty years ago, there was some thought about independent evolution.

BOOK REVIEW
Phillip Margolin, *Burning Man*
The title refers to a suspect who was set on fire in jail. Another inmate poured lighter fluid on him and set fire to him.
The protagonist, Peter Hale, is exiled to a small town by his father. Peter is a lawyer. He takes on the defense of a retarded young man who eventually is convicted of murder but Peter rescues him in the nick of time.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: