Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009

10 AM Another dream about being in grad school. Grad school is a different mind set, esp being a doctoral candidate for years and years. You are at the bottom of a totem pole but with high expectations and no money. [I feel at home at Broadway bc there are people who have been there.]
In the dream I was in a strange city, having come out of a sociology meeting at night. I was waiting for a city bus to take me to the Greyhound bus station. The dream went on and on and got later and I began to be scared that it was night and I was nowhere.
Suddenly I heard "Elizabeth". Some woman in the crowd knew me (crowd waiting at bus stop). She said she edited my boss' previous book. The book was *Biography of Edgar Agastar*. I never heard of him and it didn't sound like Charlie Snyder nor Charlie Loomis. Snyder wrote papers on alcoholism and Loomis wrote *Rural Social systems*
She kept talking. Eventually she invited me in to have a cup of tea and cookie with her grp. we went into this diner and I kept worrying I would miss the city bus.
Then the alarm rang and I woke up.

Gentle Reader recounts PTSD from being in grad school.

The feelings are all memories. I kept thinking I was in Cleveland. I have been in Cleveland just once and Shaylor Thomas took me to dinner. We argued about the role of women.

Well, up and at em and off to wendy's to deliver my seminar, as Judy calls it. Judy watches the news all week and conveys the gist to me and I deliver a sociological lecture.

I came home and took a nap. Then off to dog park. Lady Chica raced and raced and raced. After half an hour she asked to come home.

At home, we had an outdoor bday party for our neighbor Helen. Then I took another nap. Now I am mopping up the kitchen floor. Somehow I left a bowl of soup on the counter and somehow it fell on the floor. Somehow.

Blitzen's Tale
I just sort of hung around the dog park.

Lady Chica's Tale
There was a big ol boxer who wanted to race. We raced and raced and raced. I was always ahead but boxers are not known for racing.

BOOK REVIEW
Barry Maitland, *Dark Mirror*
Classic British mystery, police procedural. Brock and Kolla with Scotland Yard. A young woman collapses in library. Turns out she took arsenic. Did she do it herself? She was writing dissertation on Pre-raphaelite crowd.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: