Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1, 2009

9:32 AM (Really 10:32) Even the dogs are up. I skipped religious services. I ache from sitting too long last night. Sitting upright uses back muscles.
Well, we will be off to the dog races. Blitzen has a tummy ache.
I am weary. When you get older, just getting dressed is a chore. I wonder how pro football players feel.

It is a perfect day. Everybody and his brother's dog was at the park. Prof. Cooper was there (ancient history at TCU). We had a great chat. Some preachers are preaching about the imitation stone henge being demon haunted. Maybe it will affect the Cowboys. [This is a bunch of stone imitating Stone Henge.] In Arlington near the Cowboy Stadium.

Marcus Borg thinks we have so made weird religious ideas bc we have store front preachers. They preach something shocking in order to get congregants. Nobody in Europe is worried about creationism.

Blitzen's Tale
I have a tummy ache this morning.
Had a great time racing at the park. People admire me for being handsome.

Lady Chica's Tale
I got to eat Blitzen's breakfast.
Had a wonderful time at the park racing, racing. The big dogs had a fight but it was too far away for us to get involved.

I took a nap and slept so deeply. I feel rested and my aches and pains have vanished. Blitzen ate his supper. Mystery will be something new.

True Crime Drama in Cleveland. Six decomposing corpses are found scattered around a house, one in the attic, one or two buried. Sounds like one of the books I read.

I found Mystery too tense tonight. It was *Place of Execution*, based on novel by Val McDermid.



BOOK REVIEW
Karin Slaughter, *Undone*
The author seems to be fixated on burying women alive underground. In this book they are buried in little caves.
Sue was going to live happily ever after in some previous book, but she has been widowed in this book. (2009). She has moved to Atlanta to work in the ER of the only public hospital (like JPS or Parkland.) A tortured woman is brought into ER.
This book is not for the faint of heart. Scenes of torture.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: