Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 15, 2009

Strange night of waking and sleeping. I thot I was awake and I was talking to Big Bird and cookie monster.

No pain this morning. What gives with thatt? I found a double yoked egg. Isnt that supposed to be lucky or something?
I over cooked my eggs and put too much salt in. Being a Child of the Depression I am eating them. Off to religious services.

Rather frustrated in Sunday school. During lunch the pastor came down to fellowship hall to make a little speech. The extreme right of the Baptist General Convention of Texas wants to get rid of Broadway Baptist bc we are too liberal. We are not sending messangers to this year's annual convention.

Knowing that rain was predicted, I made a choice to take a nap. Hence we only had half an hour at the prk before the rain came down. We drove home in a gulley washer. I may take another nap before Mystery comes on.

Blitzen's Tale
I raced around looking for friends of mine, but nobody was there. We didn't stay long. It rained.

Lady Chica's Tale
I enjoy being all alone in the park. I have time to smell all around. The park today was full of tiny little dogs.

Well, Mystery lasted two hours and it is still continued. We know mostly the mystery. There was a collision on the expressway (in England --- they were all driving on the wrong side of the road). Our hero was charged with figuring out the source of the accident bc the father of one victim was suing the Metro police.


BOOK REVIEW
James Lee Burke, *The Neon Rain*
First Dave Robichaux novel, published in 1987. I mention the date bc the novel assumes everyday knowledge about what was going on in Nicaragua and I cant remember. Anyhow, Dave is a rough and tough homicide dick with New Orleans PD. As always, he is an alcoholic. The bad guys pour alcohol down his throat and he has to start over again. He gets involved with a group who is sending arms to Nicaragua, but I am not sure which side. He works with an agent from ATF.

I enjoyed this thoroly. Even if I didn't know what was going on. Dave frequents AA meetings.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: