Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009

Sherry asks how I named my dogs.
Blitzen means Lightening. No, he was not a Xmas dog. Donder means Thunder. Donder and Blitzen were Thunder and Lightning. My generation heard a lot about Blitzkreig.
I named Blitzen before I met him but I must have been psychic. It absolutely describes him. He moves so fast he is invisible.
(Actually Blitzen means the act of lightening. German has two words: blitz and blitzen)

Chica is Spanish for "girl", used meaning "kid". Chico is the male.
Somehow I began calling her Lady Chica in order to give her some respect.


Wednesday morning 10 AM
The sun is shining. My sinus is clear. I can breathe. I feel energetic, within limits. Have great plans to do chores today. Fantasies, fantasies.

I dragged out a box (Xerox size) of quilt blocks ready to quilt and sew together. This fits into the category of "unfinished project". Eight blocks are done. what a lot of work. Lea can use her fancy machine and do the quilting. I am so excited about them!!!!!!!

Lea is excited, too. She quilted one tonight and it looks splendid!.

Blitzen's Tale
Lady Chica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

BOOK REVIEW
Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, *The Book of the Dead*
An Egyptian tomb was reconstructed in New York Museum of Natural History. Sayings from the Book of the dead were written on the mantels.
Preston and Child write these books that seem to be supernatural but turn out to be real. The protagonist is Special Agent Pendergast. This book begins with Pendergast in a maximum security federal prison. Nora is an archaeologist with Museum and is in charge of opening exhibit in tomb. Villain plans a mass slaughter at the opening.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: