Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November 4, 2009

Tuesday evening 9:55 PM. I am physically tired tonight from leaping up and down, sitting at the computer then leaping up to dispense a sack lunch. I am so tired I find it hard to read. That is a first.
I feel like talking to somebody but that is such hard work.

4 AM up for a pit stop, slathering on linament. I feel discouraged sometimes. On the way home every day I pass a billboard with Nolan Ryan's face. advertising something. I think about him often. He was famous for keeping in shape. he ran up and down the steps of the ball park.

9 AM That liniment helped a lot. I dreamed about some grad student whose name I cannot remember. I seem to be reliving my grad school days. What a bummer!
No dog races this morning; the dogs go to visit Pup this evening.

I did walk the dogs around. Then I actually got some stitching and pressing done. Yeah me. I am getting ready for a nap (2 PM) I turned on computer and my sister called. We talk almost every day on Skype. Brave new world wth video phone. Goodness.

Blitzen's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

Lady Chica's Tale
What happens at Pup's stays at Pup's.

I am surrounded by sleeping dogs. Lea was sewing a cushion for Erin whereas I was goofng off watching Bill Cosby receive an award at Lincoln Center.

BOOK REVIEW
Margaret Atwood, *The Year of the Flood*
I read five pages and decided this was worse than *The Handmaid's Tale*. Returned it to library. I had to check it out.
Atwood has a penchant for eliminating most of the humans on the planet and imagining what the resulting society would look like. She needs to read *Earth Abides*.
Atwood does not seem to understand what humans do when left to themselves.

I just discovered that Ann Rand was born in Russia and lived thru the Revolution. No wonder she had cockeyed ideas about freedom.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: