Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12, 2009

10 AM The dogs were making a vast fuss and then I realized it is thursday. Then that horrible little brown dog stuck his face up in our window. I wish his owner would walk him somewhere else. He is new in the complex.

I went over to Walmart to buy a new telephone. They are so complex. I had intended to look them up online. I bought a Norfolk Island pine and came home. I had intended to go to a plant nursery and get one.

Took a nap before we went to the dog races. Lady Chica ran up and down trying to get a big dog to run. Blitzen just sat around. Then... he took off on an extra curricular run. he got thru the gate and zoom. he took off over the hill. I was really scared. A nice man trotted after him and somehow he came back. Maybe bc I started the car. He ran across the dog park and back and jumped into the car. Lady Chica kept barking that he was not in the crate. We arrived home and I took another nap.

8 PM Waiting for MI-5. I didn't see Adam in the previews. I guess he is dead. Who will be intel officer?

Blitzen's Tale
I really took off today. I didn't come to go out when she called. Then she held the gate and I went into the air lock. Then she went out and came back and I slipped thru. I took off across the parking lot and over the hil. I really meant to come back but i scared her!!!!

Lady Chica's Tale
That crazy Blitzen took off across the parking lot. Then Mom let him ride home in the front seat. I was mad.

BOOK REVIEW
Kate Wilhelm, *Cold Case*
Barbara Holoway legal thriller. Twenty-two years ago a graduating coed was murdered. Police closed case, assuming a transient killed her. She had been involved with two young men, Robert and David. David returns on a speaking tour (at the university). Robert is shot and David is indicted for the murder. Barbara is his defense lawyer and finds the real killer.

Holoway agonizes a lot in her pursuit of truth and justice.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: