Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12

Persis, thanks for Bible verse. In the book *Goose in the Pond*, the grandmother and her sister fight by telephone using Bible verses. One calls the other and says, "John 3:16" and so on and on.

I got up around eleven. Worked on new quilt, modified log cabin. Took a nap. Made a library run. It is cold today. We are not going to dog park.

I have steadily worked on new quilt. Lea, I have taken a lesson from your grandmother. I have been sitting at the ironing board. I almost forgot to send this tonight. Temp was about forty today. We had rain this morning but nothing this afternoon.

I worry about my rubber trees. I had Jake carry them outdoors. It was forty today. It is predicted to stay about 35 degrees.




BOOK REVIEW
Cynthia harrod-Eagles, *Orchestrated Death*
This is the first book in the inspector Bill Slider series. The author writes historical novels. This reads more like a novel than just a mystery. Police procedural. Slider is a homicide detective in London.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: