Saturday, March 7, 2009

March 7

Sort of overcast. Up at 9 AM. Jake is coming over to get fouton and take away. This aft I go to a play with John and Lea then an Indian pow wow. I doubt if I have energy to go to Sunday school tomorrow, all you guys.

Sat. 8:37 PM and I have turned off the alarm for tomorrow.

Jake and I had a good visit this morning. Jake is graduating with a BA in sociology and we discussed how sociologists view the world differently from most folks. We discussed nature and nurture. jake is taking a class in "Sex and Gender Roles". I told him I taught that in the seventies, and he explained how roles are changing. he is going to bring me his text when his class is over.

Took a nap and made it over to Lea's house by two. John and I took the truck over to campus. We saw a Threatre production of "Robber Bridegroom". Sort of a sureal Applachian folk tale loosely based on the Bros Grim. I think it was Beauty and the Beast. The set was incredible. It was a musical, song and dance.
Then we went over to the Indian pow wow, held indoors in some ballroom on campus. we stayed there an hour or so. Opening ceremonies. I had stew and fry bread. Afterwards we went to Braums and I had a milk shake. Alas.

No time for reading today. No book review.

No comments: