Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29

Got to bed at 4 AM. Up for a pit stop at 9:30. Plan to sleep till noon. I was having a dream about Vietnam vets coming back and buying houses.
It occurs to me that the housing bubble was the children of the Vietnam generation.

The difference between Vietnam and Afghanistan is that Jane Fonda won't be visiting the Taliban nor Alquida.

I ran over to Kroger to get Rug Doctor enzyme spray. I wasn't sleepy so I thot we might as well get our visit to the dog park over with. Lady Chica found a pointer to race with and got tired out. We stayed an hour and came home. I did take LC to the agility course. She went thru the third tunnel all by herself and then ran off.
I tuned in at half time to NCAA March Madness basketball with Michigan State playing somebody. At first I thot I could not live thru it because the score went back and forth. 30-28, 30-30, 32-30 and so on. Then MSU got the ball and never gave it up. The other team kept missing free throws. My goodness!!! Michigan State won 64-49. Yeah.
I think I enjoy watching basketball because I have actually played it, altho in my day women could not play across the center line.

Meanwhile Brenda called to inform me that the Holy Heretics were meeting at the dog park at four. Well, I pulled myself together and we spent another two hours. My dogs mostly lay around. Allen P was there with three weinie dogs. He and his pack looked so funny.

Lady Chica's tale
We spent most of the day at the dog park, and I am glad to be able to flop down in my cage. The first visit I had a lot of fun racing a dog who liked to run. We ran and ran and ran. Lots of people at the dog park. Lots of big dogs and they never pay much attention to the fence. I was bored the second time because Mom kept chatting with Moxie's mom and the man who owns those wretched weinie dogs.

Blitzen's tale
Man, I really told off that fat bulldog on the other side of the fence. He waddled along trying to outrun me. On our second visit I couldn't get anybody to run. When there are a lot of big dogs they dont pay any attention to the fence. I was mostly bored and we stayed a long time. At least I didn't get in any trouble.

BOOK REVIEW
Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, *Death to Go*
Cynthia Harrod-Eagles, *Blood Lines*
Inspector Bill Slider police procedurals. *Death to Go* is one of the most complex mysteries I have read. Corpses are falling left and right.
Blood Lines was confusing. I did begin to guess the key to the mystery.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: