Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 14

Up at 10 AM. My back is hurting. I was too active doing stretching exercises yesterday. The difficulty with getting older is that one's muscles dont respond the way I want. I am not sure I am going to the park today. It looks miserable.
We have a heat index!!!!!! temp is 42 and real feel is 43. It will warm to 52 this aft. Maybe I will go after all.

I read and sewed. Took a three hour nap. We went to the dog park between 5 and 6. Temp was reasonable. I wore only a sweat shirt (over my other clothes, of course). I chatted with Joel who is a helicopter pilot. He is the third person who has asked me if I like being retired. He thinks about retirement. Asked me how I got along financially. I told him that I had been in grad school for years and years making no money. I say that the most important thing I learned in grad school was how to live on Social Security.

I did not have time to read today. I am delving into Ken Follet's *Pillars of the Earth*. I had to get past the first incident, a hanging. Life in the middle ages was not easy.

Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: