Thursday, March 26, 2009

March 26

Up for pit stop at 4 AM
Then the dogs dragged me out of bed at 9:30 AM. Happily. I am up in time to hear Jim Lehrer on PBS. Lehrer has a new novel. I have ordered an early book. book written in 1988

Hey folks!!! I have finally realized that law school IS graduate school. The point I was thinking about is that grad students are arrogant and handling a seminar would be good practice for handling reporters at a press conference. (Obama taught law school at Univ of Chicago for 12 years. All us old profs recognize his speeches --- class lectures.)

What a day! First of all my neighbor, Clara, Benji's mom, had a stroke. Marilyn and Clara were in Walmart when Clara had a stroke. Clara is in the hospital, leaving Benji behind. Oda Mae and Marilyn are walking Benji and taking care of him.

Our visit to the dog park was a fiasco. When Blitzen sees a bicycle in the parking lot, I can't control him. I have been using a choke collar. While I am holding Blitzen by the collar, Lady Chica slipped her collar. Finally we got into the park. That was pleasant. A nice lady helped me catch LC. But..... another bicycle came running up. The parking lot is the end of a bike trail. I finally let the dogs go. They reached the bike. The rider hit Lady Chica. I squared off with my tote bag and told him I would hit him. He kept talking about Blitzen wanting to bite him. Lady Chica slipped her collar. I managed to hold Blitz while the bike ran off. Got him into the car. Lady Chica was in the cage before Blitz got there.

SOLUTION do not go to park after 5 PM. Bikers have to work. They just take a ride after work.

Well, we are home. Dogs are fed and going to sleep. I am still reading *In the Night of the Heat*. At the park I am reading another Bill Slider novel which is one of the most complex I have ever read.

Lady Chica's Tale
Mom really got bent out of shape. Blitzen goes beserk when he sees a bike. I know how to slip out of my collar and took off. I danced around. Then I played games with Mom when it was time to go home. A nice lady caught me.
Another bike was coming past. Mom let go of the leash. Blitz and I reached the bike. That man was really upset. He thot we were going to eat him up.

Blitzen's tale
I dawdled around getting up with Mom at 4 AM. When I got into the computer room, LC had the gall to be laying beside Mom at the computer. I staged a mini tantrum and she slunk back to bed.
This morning there were huge snakes curling around outside our house. I have really been nervous. Editor's note: huge vacuum tubes belonging to carpet cleaners.

When we were in the parking lot going into the park a bike turned up. That nice man called me to come over but I didn't buy it.
Coming out we saw another bike. Mom let go of the leash. That guy got bent out of shape. He kept yelling "Get control of your dogs! Get control of your dogs!" He thot I was going to eat him.


Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: