Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13

Slept till eleven. Reading emails. Going to dog park in the rain. Temp is 37 and feels like 28. This is hard on the body after high eighties all week.
Had an interesting dream that would make a good plot for Tony Hillerman. A young native American who was on R&R from Special Forces (I got that from Vineyard series) was arranging the disappearance of his girl friend. (Got that from Women's Murder Club). a couple FBI agents were investigating. (Got that from ---).

We went over to the dog park briefly. I cant give the dogs enuf exercise walking them. No sidewalks around here. Blitzen was ready to come home after fifteen minutes. Getting Lady Chica was another matter. She loves falling water. Obviously we were the only creatures there. I need a nap.

Took a long nap. That expedition did me in. Turned on tv to watch various news shows. I heard a news program on PBS this afternoon that shocked me. I had not realized the extent of the mortgage failure. And this was not sudden. People have been defaulting for more than a year.



BOOK REVIEW
I read two books from two pm to two am.
James Patterson, *Fifth Horseman*
Women's Murder Club. The ADA's mother died in hospital. Eventually they find a nurse who is killing patients. There was another plot I cant remember.
James Patterson, *7th Something*
Lindsay has gotten herself back on the street as a sergeant. Police procedural tracking down two young men who murder and burn down houses.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: