Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14, 2009

Night of strange dreams. I woke up the first time getting out of bed to call the sheriff. I dont know what that was all about.
Next I had a dream that I was living on a commune. I didn't like any of the people that I met and it was all weird. Now 6:48 AM. Going back to bed. I wanted to get my dreams down before I forgot.

Up at 8 and over to the dog park where I met Judy. We chatted. Then back home where we have a new maintenance man. He seems to have fixed my toilet. Then off to tai chi.
After tai chi I had German potato soup at the Senior Center. and a piece of birthday cake. Yesterday Bill Rapp, our tai chi teacher, turned 90. Today Margie Threadgill is 86.

There is an old saying that worrying is plowing your field twice, once in your mind and once for real. For two or three weeks I have dreaded going to the bank. WaMu was taken over by Chase and I needed to tweak my account. Well, I stopped by and was treated so nicely.

I got a Hershey bar at Baptist Center. I hid it so well I cant find it.

The dogs and I slept all afternoon. Dang it. Pledge week and none of my programs are showing. No MI5 last night. Not even Bill Moyers tonight.

At 8:15 my sister called on Skype and we talked for half an hour. She has been reading the flu book. She worked for Parke Davis, a Pharmaceutical company, and she is so cynical about marketing. She thinks the swine flu alert is part of a marketing campaign by pharmaceuticals. Yet she and I dont agree on health care.

Blitzen's Tale
Uncle Mark thinks we ought to attend a 12 step program for barking. Mom thinks we bark appropriately. We only bark at people going past.

Lady Chica's Tale
We slept all afternoon. The park was crowded this morning. Lots of little dogs. One woman had four black dachsunds.



BOOK REVIEW
Diane Mott Davidson, *Dying for Chocolate*
Number two in the Goldilocks Catering series. This is a little bizarre. Goldy is spending the summer as a live-in cook with a weird general. he is a demolitions expert. He blows up bombs in the garden for practice. her boy friend is killed in a freak one car accident. And all's well that ends well as Tom Schulz proposes. (We know he marries her.)

No comments: