Thursday, August 27, 2009

August 27, 2009

For curious readers: In 1960, I voted for the Prohibition Ticket which was on the ballot in Michigan and my mother knew some of the candidates.
In 1964 I had changed states and did not vote. In one of the campaigns I was mgr for a delegate to Illinois convention pledged to Barbara Jordan.

1:30 AM Cant get to sleep. Had a snack. Sometimes I think that Blitzen and I talk to each other. We do communicate. I was sitting up reading and he was sleeping on the sofa beside me. He got up and barked at me. He wanted us to go to bed.

8 AM Dragged myself out of bed. Vet apt for Lady Chica's annual. I promise myself I can sleep all afternoon.

We got to the vet's and hung around for an hour or so. Both dogs have gained a pound when they need to be losing. I could say it is muscle!!!! That is my excuse. Muscle weighs more than fat. Otherwise LC is in good shape.
now for my promised nap.

Slept all afternoon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLADYS.

I am going to keep track of when I feed dogs. I knew Lady Chica was gaining weight.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom dragged us off to the vet this morning. All I did was get weighed. Mom was irritated with me bc I kept scratching her and pestering her.

Lady Chica's Tale
Went to the vet this morning and had some shots. It was so boring. We had to wait around a long time bc Dr. Jan was sticking pins in some dog. I heard her tell mom.

We left for the dog park in time to be on the way home when the storm broke. We saw a violent lightning bolt that struck sparks in something. It was like fireworks. Three hail stones hit us.
Waiting for MI5. Hopefully no pledge drive tonight.



BOOK REVIEW
Faye Kellerman, *Blindman's Bluff*
Decker and Lazarus police procedural. This is a long lived series, about twenty books. Hannah was born in book three and now she is sixteen. In this book, a wealthy family is shot by intruders. Two sons and a bro are suspects.



Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: