Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17, 2009

Up at 8 and out the door to dog park. Two motorsickles were practicing. The park has put another pipe at the bottom of the fence but Blitzen was trying to dig out anyhow. The lawn mower waited until we had left before mowing small dog park. I talked to him the other day. He said he had watched my dogs for years. Why are mine the only dogs who chase lawn mowers and cars and motorcycles?

Came home and had to take a shower. Lady Chica was caked with clay, like a chicken about to be roasted. Off to Wendy's. By then Judy and I had talked each other out. Judy is depressed.
I made a bank run and a library run. Now for a nap.

Blitzen's Tale
I dont know why Mom gets so upset when I try to dig out of the park. She is so picky. I got out once and it scared me.
We just laid around all day. It's hot. Mom says there is an orange alert.

Lady Chica's Tale
Did a lot of running this morning. Two motorsickles were practicing. We ran and ran and ran. So we just laid around all day.

The heat lingers. 7:45 PM and it is still 97 degrees. It is so hot and humid. But it is Aug 17; ?August is half over. And the days are getting shorter.

BOOK REVIEW
Terri Persons , *Blind Sight*
For anyone who can deal with a psychic FBI special agent, this is a good read. Somehow the "sightings" seem normal in this book. Police procedural. Set in Minnesota, on the shores of Lake Superior. The body of a woman is found in the woods, with a fetus torn from her womb. I would have thot this weird, but I read in the newspaper about such a case in Pennsylvania. It is still weird but believable.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: