Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28, 2009

I set the alarm for 10 AM and hurried over to Senior Center altho I knew teacher of tai chi would probably not be therre. (he had to give daughter a ride home from hospital). However, a nursing home had brot breakfast. I had quiche and wonderful watermelon and a muffin. Made a library run.
For some reason I am sleepy.

I woke up from my nap totally disoriented. There must be a part of the brain which orients. The brain is a complex place. It knows where I am, who I am, the back story, when it is. I missed the program on PBS last Monday which was about the brain. Some man had slices taken off his brain. Then he could not remember things.

We went to the park early bc I have a meeting tonite. Not a shred of shade in the little park. We went into the big dog park and I kept Blitzen on a leash. Lady Chica did not run. She sat in the grass in the shade beside the table where I sat.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom is such a party pooper. She would not let me run in the park. Just bc I get out all the time. I never ran away. I just ran outside the fence all around and around and around.

Lady Chica's Tale
Man it was too hot to run today. I dont know why Mom took us out so early when the sun was still hot. She could have waited until the sun had gone down.

Leta wrote that for dogs, all humans are Southern Baptists. They always say NO.
Attended AlAnon tonight, birthday night for Ruth C and Martina. AlAnon is so great. People blossom.

BOOK REVIEW
William Krueger, *Iron Lake*
Cork O'Connor police procedural. In this first book of the series, Cork is an ex-sheriff having been recalled. A kid is missing and in looking for him Cork finds a judge who has apparently committed suicide. But we mysteryphiles know that the judge has really been murdered. Actually the prologue implied such.
I am reading this series over again bc I want to experience the north woods. I really get into my books. I dont read words. I read scenes. I was actually cold reading this altho temp was 100.

No comments: