Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21, 2009

6 AM and a wild storm hit us. We needed the rain. The electricity went out but it was back on when I came back from walking dogs. I walked them into the neighboring area where they will defacate. No dog park today.
Off to tai chi. I need to draw a smiley face. I did not eat a piece of cake. Always cake at Senior Center. Kroger donates yesterday's cake.

Noon and time to take a nap. I made a library run.

Lady Chica's Tale
I hate that stuff Mom is trying to feed us. I dont know where she gets that stuff. She did put a little yogurt on it to kill the taste --- or give it some taste.

Blitzen's Tale
Well, we didn't get to the dog park today. Just hangin out around the house. First it rained. Then mom said it was too hot.

8 PM Still pledge drive. No Bill Moyers nor my programs on PBS. They have music from the fifties. There must be some marketing strategy behind this. Do older people pledge more?


BOOK REVIEW
Ellis Peters, *Dead Man's Ransom*
I am getting bored with Bro. Cadfael. Every plot is the same. An innocent young man is accused of murder. Bro Cadfael finds the real killer and the young man rides off into the sunset with his true love. In this case, a young Welsh nobleman is held hostage for the sheriff of Shrewsbury.
Under Welsh law, a blood price can be paid for murder Hence dead man's ransom..
The Abbey of Shrewsbury is a real place. in ruins now. I think Ellis Peters started writing her books in an effort to raise money to restore the place.
I find it interesting that the Wales/English border is a border. The sheriff says, "I'm a frontiersman."
Allan: There were 13 television episodes. Each is on DVD.




Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: