Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16, 2009

Another horrible dream, a memory I think triggered by Jake's graduation. I was young and looking for a job. I was alone in a strange city with two trailer loads of household goods to do something with.
I am glad I am not looking for a job.

I reset my alarm and skipped Sunday School. Decided I need to get out and go to church and have lunch with my buddies.

And so I did. We laugh a lot at our table at church luncheon in fellowship hall. Uncle Mark was not there today. He is in the state of Washington. So says Ron.

Then I slept for 2.75 hours. I begin to feel a mite rested. Always after I get rested I feel stronger.

Blitzen's Tale
Mom forgot to let us write last night. She claimed she was too tired to remember. Not much to say today. She was gone all morning and slept all afternoon. Chance, the white hound dog, was there to run the fence tonight.
There was a lady dog who was in a receptive mode. All of us guys were on her.

Lady Chica's Tale
This is two days in a row that Mom put on her good shoes and went out all morning. What's with that? Chance, the white pointer, was there tonight ready to run the fence. I dont think lady dogs should come to the park when they are in receptive mode.

We went to the dog park about seven. days are definitely shorter. Judy and Ray had a shouting match about health care reform. Ray hates black people, including our pres. People are so ignorant! Ray does not seem to be aware that Secure Horizons is Medicare.
Angela is worried about VA being taken away. She is not happy with her care, but she gets $2000 worth of medicine every month. That is more than my income.

After Ray had gone home,Ken gave us a lecture on how nobody pays for health insurance. Your employer pays and passes it on to the consumer.


BOOK REVIEW
Dana Stabenow, *Whisper to the Blood*
Kate Shugak, native PI in Alaska. This book is hard to describe. Kate tracks down bad guys and also is elected president of the local Native Association. She realizes the aunties are turning vigilante and tells them to knock it off.
Interesting locale in alaska. I have followed the series for years and feel as if Kate is a close friend.





Hugs, Dr. Liz

No comments: